Friday, July 20, 2012

Q: Where Have You Been? A: In My Classroom!

Wow! It's been a while since I've blogged. I've missed it honestly. Where have I been? In my classroom, of course! 

I have only been to the school 3 times this whole summer. I'm actually quite impressed with myself, yet disappointed. I usually spend much of my summer at school, so in that right YAY ME!. My co-workers have already decorated their door and one even has posted her students' names on cute little fish in the hallway YOU'RE SO BEHIND JOY! 

I still have boxes sitting on my desk, just to give you a picture of what's going on in my room. 


In my 3 days I've learned a few things, and I am willing to share.
1. What you don't pay for in money, you will pay for in time. I saw this really cute scrunch border idea on Pinterest. Super cute! Well. It took more than an hour to get it on the board. Cutting strips, folding, then crumpling. Then uncrumpling (is that even a word?) and scrunching and stapling. Yes, I saved money, but I lost a total hour of my life. It was all spent with paper and a not so friendly stapler.
2. I have focus issues. I don't need to come to any more realities about myself. In my profession, I've already discovered that I am a stress eater. I have OCD. Now I have ADD. I'm the total package, I know. I still have boxes on my desk, but I spent this afternoon making posters and laminating them. Something seems a little bit wrong with this approach. I have a bulletin board complete, yet I can't even locate a roll of tape. I mean, I started unpacking the boxes on my desk, then I just wanted to do something else, and like you already know, an empty classroom is an ADD teacher's dream. There are a billion other things to do. So... I worked on the bulletin board, then I walked to the poster maker, then I designed another poster (here it is) Does the cute factor earn me some forgiveness. Just wondering...


 then I re-numbered the computers, then I... you get the point-the boxes are still on my desk. 
3. Don't look at other people's classrooms. Just when you start feeling really good about your progress, you venture down the hall and discover that a teacher has already stacked textbooks on her students' desks and another has completed a faux rock effect to compliment her Avila, Spain theme. 


I will take pictures. I promise! It was on the list, but like the box unpacking thing, I lost focus. Sorry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment