Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Currently

So, let me try this. This is my first attempt at anything this cool. This is my attempt to link up with Farley at her site. Wish me luck...


First... the link...





Did it work? YES! Making progress... Now the CURRENTLY...
So... I think this is about right. It's probably sticking out some, but I've yet to figure that out.  I'm not the blog professionado that I one day hope to be. I did this in paint... *hangs head in shame*... any tips would be greatly appreciated.
So it's currently after 12 and I am still on my blog. I guess the idea of getting a blog, and trying to make sure it looks like something is consuming me a little. Before I started my blog, I had great plans. I have hit a few stumbling blocks. Putting a button on my page took well over 30 minutes. That HTML code stuff can get pretty confusing. All it takes it one wrong character and it's all over.
I am so ready to get in my classroom and really start getting it together. I have already unpacked, but I want to re-organize and re-label everything. I am changing my class theme this year to black and white polka dots with red accents. This will be the first time in 6 years that I picked a theme/color scheme that I plan on implementing fully in my room. I have redesigned posters and everything! I'll post a few tomorrow for you to see. I'm pretty excited. Can't wait to take pictures and share.
I love Writing! I always have. I use Daily 6 Traits Writing. I have used it in my 4th and 5th grade classrooms. Kids need writing instruction everyday, and this is a good way to make sure that they are getting it. By no means is this the only writing we do, but if I forget to journal or cross-connect, I know that we have spent some morning time talking about, and actually writing.
Well... that's about it.
I'll leave you with a list of things that just from reading over my entry that I plan on sharing with my blog community.


  • Share redesigned posters
  • Pictures of my classroom during its makeover
  • A really cool writing lesson that I love called "Popcorn Writing".




Stay tuned!


UPDATE: I just linked up with Farley... Put my name instead of my blog's name... You live and you learn. 
Until later... Joy

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I just found your blog through Farley's Currently link up! I saw that your favorite read-a-loud book is Love You Forever. This is such a good book. I've always loved it!

    I hope you will come check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here from Farley's Currently link up. I love anything by Robert Munsch, but Love you Forever is the first book of his that I remember reading. When my little sister was younger she asked me to read it to her everyday!

    ✪ Miss W

    Miss W Teaches

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the mommy VACAY idea! I love the idea of silence for one day! HA! Bloggin' will get easier! I promise :)

    ReplyDelete