Friday, July 20, 2012

The To-Do List

Maybe this will give me some accountability...


I wish, Patrick!!!




There are only 5 realistic days left on my personal calendar to work in my classroom. I really can't count pre-planning because with the adoption of Common Core, I'm pretty sure we'll be in meetings. Here it goes.

  • unpack desk boxes
  • write a list of supplies needed before supply money will be given
  • make curtains
  • punch out polka dots and place them on the accent wall. Make sure to measure the space between them. Did you know that there is a difference between dappled and polka-dotted? Learned this the other day when I went to buy fabric. There is an exact pattern to polka-dotted. Dappled is without order. The woman advised me not to, but I bought the dappled fabric. It was on sale.
  • Complete outside classroom display (Think Australian photo exhibit)
  • Print, blow-up, and hang banner
  • Make red "SCI" for standards board. I'll have to teach science this year, so I have to make some adjustments to my standards board.
  • Print science standards and hang them
  • Hang my "around the entire room" number line
  • Create AR names for AR incentive board
  • Take down the stack of desks
  • Make desk name plates
  • Label door display with students' names
  • File the papers in my "To File" bucket. I still have papers in my bucket from last school year. Pretty sad, I know
  • Re-label file cabinets to reflect the changes in materials inside of them. I have Math in my SS cabinet. I need to take care of this
  • Organize SS files. I just threw the files in the cabinet. Don't judge me. The American Revolution file sorta imploded. I just stuffed everything back inside and shut the drawer.
  • Facebook strips. This is an iffy. I really like this idea, but my students are more into Facebook, so I thought I could make a Facebook wall instead. This item may get scrapped for time reasons alone. 
  • Make play dough and buy food coloring. They can mix it up at Open House and then they can create and write on the 1st day of school. It will give me a chance to get that private word in with mom/dad at Open House and deal with the unexpected on the 1st day. Pinterest!
  • Don't forget to buy apples and goldfish or Cinnamon Toast Crunch for Open House. Pinterest again, what can I say? I can't decide between the goldfish activity or the owl bag with cereal inside ("Owl" see you Wednesday!) Which one do you like better? Please leave a comment... It would be really embarrassing for me to leave with this question and have NO COMMENTS still showing right down there. 

3 comments:

  1. I really like the owl idea. Great blog. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Owl one too :o) It's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owls! Definitely! Oh and i just wanted to say that i, too, have a polka dot theme in the same color scheme! I love ladybugs, but they seem a bit to juvenile for 4th grade so i went with the dot theme instead. Love your ideas and want for more dots! I am going crazy right now looking at anything black, red and polka dotted! Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete