Friday, July 6, 2012

*Sigh* The Wish List

There are some items that I have just been pining over for the last few weeks. Of course some of these items I will definitely buy and others will remain in my wish category. Every place I look, I've always heard that blogging was some sort of outlet. A way to vent to the unknown world, and possibly a way to get over things. Well maybe this will work for some of these items.
Have you ever looked at items on-line and reasoned yourself out of them, but you still seem to end up back at them a few days later? Well this list is for those items. Maybe blogging about them will be the farewell exercise I need to purge them out of my system, or maybe blogging about them will be the extra push to make me buy them. Here they go. 


Another market tote. I love my market totes. I currently own two by Reisenthel and absolutely can't live without them. They store all my classroom papers, odds and ends, and even my laptop. Put your purse on top and you're on your way. One basket and you're out the door. My husband may refer to it as my walking trash can and I may have to agree at times, but I still love it. I may also be guilty of taking it places that it shouldn't go, like the doctor's office or to the bank, but it's fabulous. It's like a little treasure chest. You almost forget all the stuff you packed in it. Like discovering that stack of ungraded papers under your checkbook while waiting in the doctor's office... GENIUS! I want another one. One in polka dots to match my black, white, and red polka dot theme.


Can you imagine this basket with a black curly monogram? To die!!!
PROS- It would match my classroom theme.
CONS- Not a necessity, two already functioning baskets and a closet full of tote bags.


Next...
The polka dot accessory list.
That's polka dot chart paper, polka dot letters, polka dot scotch tape, bulletin board border, desk accessory set, balloons for open house, and file folders to go on my desk that beautifully match my theme. Ahhhhh... so nice! I would definitely be the coolest teacher in my hallway. Just google polka dot ____________ (insert item name in the blank) and the results are endless. 
PROS- My classroom would DEFINITELY have a pulled together look.
CONS- Could build my collection little by little (but I really don't want to), I already have every item in the picture in abundance (but it's not in my polka dot theme- *pouting*), Cost...  2 Chart Tablets (I go through these like water), 2 packs of letters, 3 packs of tape, 1 desk set, set of file folders, and 24 balloons cost $141 without tax or shipping, and it's not even really instructional material. With a little creativity, Powerpoint, scrapbook paper, paint, I could make a lot of the items. 

Honorable mentions...
The polka dot rug
Classic Dottie Rug, 5x8, Black
PB Teen Dottie Rug
The polka dot curtains
Polka Dot Valance- Ebay 

Polka dot wall stickers... A few sets
 Funky Polka Dots Wall Decals
CQ Wall Decals and Decor

The polka dot back to school dress with the red accessories. Demi looks like the perfect 4th grade teacher, doesn't she?
http://www.yourstylentrend.com/blog/tag/polka-dot-dressing/



Next...
A classroom set of mailboxes. I have a system for storing papers in preparation to send home with students. I currently use a file box and file things along and along as the week winds down. In the past I have also used a hanging pocket chart. The hanging pocket chart can be tricky... stuffing your hand in each pocket to make sure the papers aren't hanging out all willy nilly and dealing with the amount of papers that I file that don't quite fit, can become cumbersome. The standing and stuffing part became and unpopular activity of mine as well. I switched to a file box that can easily be pushed under my desk. No one has to see it and its appearance is not so important because it is not on display on one of my classroom walls. I really want a set(or 2) of sturdy classroom mailboxes. 
OfficeMax Literature Sorter, Oak
In fourth grade the number of students we have can fluctuate between 21 to 30, so I would need two sets just to make sure I never run out. I could figure out what to do with the other 18 slots quite easily I can imagine. 

PROS- would replace current file system. Children could place their things in their own folders. Students could help me file more easily. They are not an eyesore.
CONS- None really except for the $120 price tag... This may be the one splurge purchase... Practical. Not really stylish or brag worthy, but definitely practical...




6 comments:

  1. I love all of your polka dot stuff! I love Demi's dress but think I am too short to look that great in it! =)

    It is fun to make a wish list but for my classroom I would just ask for more storage!

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really loving the polka dots! Where might I find this polka dot chart paper?!?!

    I love your style, so I'm nominating you for a bloggy award! Stop by my page and pick it up, and revel in the polka dotted goodness!

    dede @ 1stgradeevents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quill.com. Our school usually does a big order from Quill, so I usually don't have to worry about paying for shipping.

      http://www.quill.com/top-notch-chart-tablets/cbs/255047.html

      Delete
  3. Your wish list is great! I think I may try this! I definitely need more storage this year since I had to move rooms :o(

    I'm also thinking about doing a color scheme this year in my room--my favs are yellow and gray :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wondering where you snagged the polka dot file folders? NEED them for my rom this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quill has a set for $3.79 for 25, but they are not just black and white polka dots. There's red and white, yellow and white, etc. You get 5 black and white polka dot folders per 25.
      I ordered a set from Amazon for $7.00 a few weeks ago. It was exclusively black and white. I just looked an the price is up to $9. The Quill set seems like the better deal.

      Delete